1) What is the theme of your poem?
The theme is the plight of animals in shelters that need a forever home and of those individuals who need those animals to save them.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
In 2002 I saw an article online about a less than one year old female dalmatian who had been abused and neglected. She had been rescued by the sheriff and they were looking for a good home for her. I had PTSD and was going through a rough patch and went and took her.
She was scared of men but became my constant companion for 14 years. She really saved me and I know I saved her.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I am a writer mainly of novels and screenplays, however I have dabbled in poetry and have written about a dozen poems with this being my first.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
My father, I still need is wisdom.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
A fellow film producer I have worked with knew of my poem and convinced me to submit it.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I have two best selling novels and several multi award winning screenplays.
7) What is your passion in life?
Being a creator.
Watch the POETRY Reading: