INNSBRUCK. POWDER. PEOPLE. was the winner of BEST FILM at the October 2021 SPORTS Feedback Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My love for the people and mountains around Innsbruck
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Approximately 1.5 years
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Lack of budget and avalanche risk
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It felt really really good
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I saw ski films as a kid
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Focused by Teton Gravity Research
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It’s good but it seems to take a big cut
9. What is your favorite meal?
Some kind of tasty vegetarian wrap served on the top of a mountain
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Learning how being a dad works