IMPORTANT THINGS DON’T MATTER was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the October 2021 WILDsound Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this movie?
I have been traveling for many years to countries and societies where people cannot live, giving visibility to these situations is a driving force, and of course, learning from unknown people who maintain this world with their daily struggle. Also recently the woman I loved most passed away, she accompanied me to do documentary work in many countries, I feel that it is like keeping her alive.
2. From idea to finished product, how long did it take you to make this movie?
The total of the documentary is a summary of 5 years of recordings and editing of photographs and texts.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this movie?
Without a doubt, the sentimental one, it is hard to meet so many people and then separate yourself from them.
5. What were your initial reactions to seeing the audience speak? about your movie in the comment video?
pride in my partner and the people who are the protagonists of the documentary
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make movies?
It was something that appeared to be able to reflect my feelings, to complete the previous work as a photographer
7. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Various and different, but recently I have seen For Sama several times, but I also see different genres, everything is interesting and educational.
8. What other elements of the festival can we and other implemented festivals experience to satisfy you and help you advance your filmmaking career?
Personally, I feel more than satisfied with your work, it is very important to give prominence to lesser-known jobs and people, there are very good jobs that are not commercial and if they are very necessary in this ephemeral world. But I don’t consider myself a person to give advice.
9. What is your favorite food?
Food from Galicia and Lebanon
10. What’s next for you? A new movie?
It is possible, I am working silently on another project, but I need to recover from these last months, but yes, it is very possible that I will make a new film, although I prefer to do the work first and then show it.