BLUE MOON was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the October 2021 LGBTQ+ Shorts Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
BLUE MOON is inspired by my best friend’s journey, as she’s recently honored her sexuality and begun dating women. Through hearing about her experience, I decided I wanted to write a story that encompasses all love. And thus, BLUE MOON was born.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
The concept came to me in February and the script was written two weeks later. We shot for three days in the middle of March, and then the film was edited the first week of May. All in all, it took three months top to bottom.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I learned how to be the boss, and release the need to be liked by everyone.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I couldn’t stop smiling. I sent it to everyone involved in the project. It brought me so much fulfillment to know I created something that brought other’s joy.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I have always been heavily inspired by film, but I knew it was my life purpose by the feeling I had while on set for BLUE MOON. Time stopped and I knew that making films what exactly what I was meant to be doing.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Grease. The costumes, the music , the cars. It’s all so fantastic.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I think it’s great. The interface is really easy to use, and I like how the platform organizes your submissions.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Breakfast. Pancakes specifically.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m currently in preproduction for my next short film, 13TH STEPPING. It follows an AA group in New York City and how the member’s lives intersect and intersext with one another. We shoot in December. I’m serving as the writer, executive producer, director and lead actress. The short is serving as proof of concept for a series.