1. What is your screenplay about?
It is about a group of female identified beings who unite in a journey against a darkening era. It is based on the Fantasy Novel with the same title.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Fantasy and Drama
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It is a story whose main focus is to unite humanity and revert the immense separation that power, politics and disparities are causing in the world. It has a lot of female identified characters that are well represented and other cultures enter the game to represent even more people around the globe. We need more female (non victims) roles in the industry, real stories about oppression and pain, all beautifully driven by the metaphorical and whimsical elements of Fantasy.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Nocturne no.14 of Chopin
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The formatting and cliff hangers, some of the wording and simplification of the long descriptions within the novel. In the novel is descriptive, the screenplay is more visual.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Using the arts as healing devices for mental health and self discovery. Celtic Culture
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What have been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It is so practical and complete to submit from FilmFreeway, everything stays at the same spot and is so enjoyable.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I wanted to push myself to have professionals read my screenplay, it is my first pilot ever, in a language that is not my first nor second one, I wanted the challenge and the feedback. The feedback was incredibly clear and inviting, a perfect fusion of constructive criticism and a push to take more risks, go deeper into the story and the characters. I’m very grateful for it.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
In the world of Upprunkna, a guilt-ridden elven warrior is tasked with the care of a powerful and untrusting royal. Together, they begin a journey that will unite the most adventurous beings of the different realms and force them to work together in order to restore the vital energies of a darkening era. But, one of them holds an ominous secret.
Narration: Sean Ballantyne
Meira: Hannah Ehman
Ilsevel: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Gaelira: Kyana Teresa