ANOTHER CLOVER was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the October 2021 FANTASY/SCI-FI Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I wrote a TV Pilot set in 1943 and I wanted to create a modern day version that showcased some of the style and energy.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
About three months. Preproduction, and a lot of graphics production design took about six weeks, production in one day, and post about six weeks.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Rendering! Several shots have upwards of 15 lines of elements on the timeline.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I am thrilled to see people enjoy it, and they’re points are embedded in my brain for future projects.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was a kid, by the time I was ten thanks to my older sisters I had already seen a lot of classic Hollywood movies. When I was twelve, I wrote a play, and in high school I was able to create short films with the school television studio cameras.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Cast Away (2000).
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are your feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Filmfreeway is wonderful. It would be difficult to submit to festivals without it. It’s amazing how perfect it is.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Anything I eat while watching a film! Especially lasagna, garlic bread, red wine while watching The Godfather (1972).
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Next week we film the final scene in another short that will be one of a series we are stringing together, an anthology of dramas. Also, my TV Pilot is doing well in festivals, and I have other writing projects to outline.