GRUF AND ME was the winner of BEST ANIMATION at the October 2021 ANIMATION Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
As a student at the MFA digital media program in The Film School of Tel Aviv University I was looking for an idea for my graduation project.
The film Gruf and Me combines many fields that interest me: narrative, live action video with 2D and 3D animation and complex post production.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
The film took 3 years to complete.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The 3D animation compositing in the live action video was very difficult to achieve. It was all new to me, and I was making the film while learning Maya, Nuke, Da Vinci and After Effects in the University.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It made me smile. I felt like the audience reviews were really professional, thoughtful and positive,
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Animation and cinema is a childhood love for me, I wanted to make animated films as a child.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
It must be Animation, The Jungle Book by Disney and Nick Park’s Wallace and Gromit is two of my favorites.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Its very friendly and professional. The easiest and best way to submit a film in my opinion.
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I certainly hope so. Meanwhile I teach students Animation and enjoy helping them to complete their own films.