1. What is your screenplay about?
It is a TV show pilot for an animated children’s show.
Miley Chase is a brilliant 10 year old mixed race girl whose passion is science and math. When she accidentally discovers the notes from her scientist grandma, she realizes she can build a time machine. She and her nemesis, Tyler, accidentally activate the machine and are catapulted to 56BC where they meet Cleopatra at the same age as them. The series explores Miley and Tyler visiting famous historical figures when they were 10 years old. Together they learn about following dreams, courage and friendship.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Children’s animation tv series
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The tv series called MILEY CHASE THE SCIENCE ACE is based on a musical of the same name but it is a completely different story. The musical takes place in pre-historic times where Miley and Tyler meet dinosaurs and sing about working together.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Working on the show for about a year.
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
We work with a bunch of consultants including several young girls. Perhaps the biggest obstacles was weeding down their brilliant ideas to ones that we could use.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Creating musicals. My company – CPA Theatricals creates and develops musicals for school-aged actors.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Everything was great.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Based on the musical – MILEY CHASE THE SCIENCE ACE. Miley Chase, a lonely, nerdy 10-year old science whiz, discovers the notes of her recently retired grandmother – a former mathematician and scientist – and builds a time machine. When Tyler — her sports minded neighbor who thinks that science is dumb, accidentally activates the time machine — they are catapulted back in time where they encounter future leaders as children and encourage them to follow their dreams
Narration: Steve Rizzo
Tyler: Bill Poulin
Miley: Hannah Ehman
Cleopatra: Kyana Teresa