THE FLOWER MONSTER: NEED PINWHEEL played to rave reviews at the September 2021 ANIMATION Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I always drew this monster 10 years ago in school. In sketchbooks and on tables. Now that I have the knowledge of how to make films, I want to see it come to life.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
A year, when there was time in between jobs.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Finding the time to just do it. The work itself was rather fast, but you sometimes find excuses for not doing what you want to do.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I felt very hopeful. If these nice people like my ideas, maybe there’s an audience to discover for my film. All the key aspects seemed to play well, and it helps to hear that it works. It motivates me to continue working on Flowerpot media.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I think it’s been after school. I shot a little 90-minutes movie along with a group of friends while in school, and somewhen after that the thought grew in my head.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
It may be “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” , or “Rango”, or the third Harry Potter film.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It’s easy! There’s a ton of sketchy festivals, but the platform still remains a great tool.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Filet Wellington. If it only were a vegan filet.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
More Flowerpot Stories, that’s for sure. Starting my Film&Games Animation Master studies now and hope to step up my gamedesign game. The Flowerpot Monster deserves weird little game! Apart from that, I work in the layout department for an international animated movie as of now, sadly not allowed to talk about it.