The music video TOWED AURORA, by the band ROUSE THE BOROUGHS, played to rave reviews at the September 2021 FEMALE Directors Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Oren from @ Rouse the Boroughs : What motivated me was the feeling that this song needed a contrasting ‘manifestation’ in the outlet of it’s existence. While the lyrics speak of a lonely moment, the video itself and it’s creators at Caravanvideo managed to bring closeness and intimacy in a way thates really differentiates itself from the coldness that permeates the song. My motivator I would say was tearing away from abandonment.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make your film?
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Intimacy and longing
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
COVID was a challenge for everyone.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was emotional, It felt fantastic to hear people discuss Vera & Andrei’s art in such a way, caravanvideo is such a talented team of videomakers.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I reached out to Caravanvideo I already had a few projects in the works but it felt like Towed Aurora needed a story to be told, I am so proud of the end result I couldn’t be more touched by how beautifully Vera’s vision came to life.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
What dreams may come a film with Robin Williams of a Husband’s trek through hell to bring out his wife.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I wish there was a bit more equivalence in the way some of the Festivals operate, feedback was fantastic, others leave you in the dark …
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Finishing a year long project with an animator for our song : Ghost in the Garden, very excited about it, it was made in 8 bit so I’m looking forward to seeing our song take shape in an old medium.