1. What is your screenplay about?
My screenplay is a pilot script about a tormented body hunter who must track down his old flame’s heroic husband prevent the world’s first sky city and humanity’s last hope from collapsing .
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Sci-fi, mystery, drama
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It should be made into a TV series because the story is very timely right now given the dangers of climate change and the refugee crisis and our ever-increasing diverse world and the complications that arise from it.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
It’s a close call between Star Wars, The Godfather in the Shawshank Redemption.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
On the project as a whole, I’ve been developing it for 13 years. As far as the pilot script itself, about 4 years.
7. How many stories have you written?
Around 7-10 stories.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Hmm, not sure. Lots of Beatles. Ghost Kings and Balkan/Gypsy music but not sure of a specific song.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Tons of research, people telling me it was bigger than I could handle, accepting critiques in a meaningful way, adhering to story structure and maturing as a human being.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Traveling, filmmaking, cooking, reading, walking, exercising, meditating, meaningful conversations.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Filmfreeway is pretty smooth and straight forward platform. You set up the project, you add all the details and then you use it to submit to various competitions.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I entered this festival because it was about sci-fi and fantasy and this is the genre I’ve been writing in. And somehow I like I can never get enough feedback on the script because it can always be better.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A tormented bounty hunter must track down his old flame’s heroic husband to stop the word’s first sky city from collapsing.
Narrator: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Riguirdo: Shawn Devlin
Captain Voice/Security Guard: Geoff Mays
Adrien/Baatar: Sean Ballantyne