1. What is your screenplay about?
A short encounter between a nihilistic student, and a more realist drug dealer.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Crime Drama. Drama. Slice of LIfe.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I believe that there are more stories to tell with Marcus and the variety of people he does business with. I first wrote Derrick to differentiate between the usual, more homeless looking, buyers of “drugs”. Marcus would most likely run the gambit of crazy to sane buyers, but as long as he gets paid he’s fine with whatever interactions he gets.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
A couple years, but nothing has been drafted and it’s been on my back burner.
7. How many stories have you written?
Drafted, tons. Written? 2 or 3 I consider “complete”
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Don’t have a song, but I got 2 albums.
Weezer – Blue Album
Daft Punk – Discovery
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I had a school deadline, but overall It isn’t finished.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I’ve submitted only a handful of scripts. I don’t think any of my submissions aside this one should’ve got anything. Overall ok.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I had a lot of filming planned, but the pandemic happened. I wanted to advance my career and see if it was stuff was up to snuff. I was skeptical after the first listening, but the performance stuck with me. It was great seeing my script to screen, and am overall happy with how it turned out.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Type of Story: Crime Drama
Synopsis: A drug dealer completes a deal with a college student and both end up learning a bit about each other.
Narrator: Val Cole
Derrick: Allan Michael Brunet
Marcus: Steve Rizzo
Student: Andy Camp