BEHIND THE GLASS was the winner of BEST SHORT FILM at the July 2021 ANIMATION Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I grew up in a neighbourhood where there was a lot of people in need, that gave me a lot to think about it, since I felt that we have normalized the situation.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
Around four years, It was kind of intense since I have been working on my spare time since I work as an animator in feature films, and because I did this short all by my own.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Probably the final look (illumination and color), that is not my field at all, I didn’t want to do something too complicated that I can’t accomplish properly, so I went minimalistic and I focused on what I wanted to express with this film.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
My god, it was breathtaking! I felt really really shy and grateful at the same time, It was an amazing experience.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I started to study animation, I felt in love with animation of course but some part of me was telling me that someday I would like to animate my own stories.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Probably Aladdin, although that doesn’t mean is my favourite film necessarily. It is just musicals are something that you never get tired to watch.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I think is a great platform, the best one by far in my opinion, I don’t know what I would have done without it on the middle of the Covid pandemic.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Probably roasted chicken with fries, I’m a simple man with simple needs.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m going to keep studying film direction and script writing for a while in my spare time, since I’m gonna keep animating on feature films, and when I feel ready, I’ll start writing a new script and how knows, maybe I try making a pitch for a feature film.