MOTEL was the winner of BEST DIRECTION at the July 2021 EXPERIMENTAL Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
First of all this palace is a great place with Good energy. Second, because of COVID it was sort of being suspended from normal life. I decided to create a movie in this form named Motel as temporary state for all of us.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make your movie?
It was about 3 months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
All conditions with COVID rules etc… were really against us. But we were patient enough to finish it.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Feeling surprised and proud at the same time.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I ve been working a lot for TV but never as a producer, director, creator, choreographer, actor, stylist, costume designer, scenographer in one person. It was a big challenge.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
West Side Story
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I think its a huge chance to get some new perspective and fresh opinions about our projects.
9. What is your favorite meal?
I love dumplings and my Mom is a master in this case.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Will see but it would be great to make Motel on stage as a bigger form.