LIFE CYCLE played to rave reviews at the June 2021 ROMANCE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
While suffering from insomnia, I began listening to a song that captured my emotions. The harmonious alternations of the guitar strings penetrated my heart and inspired my soul. I Thought to myself, “it would be a fantastic idea to produce a short film to this beautiful composition…” Since I was so inspired, I decided to experiment and see if I can make a short film entirely from stock footage (this was my only means to making a film in the moment of my inspiration).
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Exactly as I titled it, “Life Cycle”.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
As I started the project, I quickly realized how immensely challenging it is to make a story out of stock footage, as the people in stock footage almost never match up nor can I find the perfect scene that I desire.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Overjoyed and humbled that everyone loved it.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was 11, I used up all of the money that I ever received from birthday presents and other gifts, and bought myself an old school Sony tape camcorder. With no ability to edit the footage, it was a huge challenge to make cool stories, but I did anyways and had a lot of fun. However, as I grew older, I pursued a different path in life and chose to go into advertising. Now days I use passion for creative films toward making commercial videos for our clients. However, in the near future, I would like to explore the possibly of making a movie from ground up (I even have a very cool script that I wrote for it).
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Groundhog Day, probably, one of my all time favorites.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Very easy to use, great platform.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Sushi with hot sake, kanpai!
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, a new film… As long as I get some financial support for it or volunteer manpower, it will be pretty epic. The story that I wrote is nothing like you’ve seen before, about afterlife… maybe I’ll need to publish it as a book first.