1. What is your screenplay about?
John, a deceased man, must navigate the afterlife to find Paradise and his wife. However, spirits tempt him to discard the very ring that connects him to her.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Romance , Fantasy, Experimental, Character Study.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It would be an interesting visual experience, and commentary on love and the afterlife.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Road to Perdition, Inception , Kill Bill and Pans Labyrinth.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About a year.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have written a Sci-Fi feature : Runaway Ruth, two other shorts : Gun and Value of a Ring, and I have written a lot of material for a TV series called The World Takes. It is a goal of mine this year to write out some pilots and write some new features this year
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Specifically Glycerine by Bush has touched me the most. Quite a few Linkin Park and Florence and the Machine songs have stuck with me as well.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Time mostly , I work 40 hours a week and have a house to keep up. Covid has been an odd blessing because it allowed me time to work on some of my writing outside of work.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Art, movies, my cat , gardening and hiking.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What have been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
So far so good, I like how user friendly the interface is the most.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I was motivated to enter and share my work. I have been hoarding most of my work since 2013, and I felt it was time to share it. The feedback was very good and allowed me to see places I am strong as a writer and places I need work.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
John, a deceased man, must navigate the afterlife to fond Paradise and his wife. However, spirits tempt him to discard the very ring that connects him to her.
Narrator: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Hooded Sailer/Odin/Captain: Andy Camp
John/Anubis: Sean Ballantyne
MaidenJane: Val Cole
Mother/Crone: Hannah Ehman –
Short Man: Geoff Mays