VERDINGER was the winner of BEST FEATURE FILM at the July 2021 DOCUMENTARY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Because this is a piece of Swiss history, it is important that this topic goes not forgotten.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
I worked on this project for 4 years. Unfortunately, I had to postpone the premiere for half a year because of COVID-19.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
emotional and sad.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The difficulty was to tell a whole life in a film.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
That was a very moving moment for me and made me happy – every feedback is important for a filmmaker.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
In my teens, when I was able to buy a camera. I knew filmmaking is a wonderful thing.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Cause there are a lot of film festivals all around the world, it would be almost impossible to contact each of them separately. That is why a platform like Filmfreeway helps a lot.
9. What is your favorite meal?
I don’t have a favorite dish, but I do enjoy the Italian and Spanish cuisine. I also have a weakness for chocolate cake.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Of course, I’m already working on a new project: It’ll be a documentary again. Unfortunately, I cannot reveal the subject yet. In addition, I have a script written about the time of the Kosovo.