1. What is your short story about?
In a village called Invernia, in the state of Goiás, in Brazil, Elaine, a sixteen-year-old girl throws herself naked from a bridge over a raging river. Jober, an eighteen-year-old boy who suffers from moderate schizophrenia and is epileptic, is seen the moment Elaine threw herself out of a forest on the river bank. Jober is savagely beaten on suspicion of Elaine’s death, and after years in a coma, he became a human being in a vegetative state. Thirty years later, Cris, discovers that his mother’s past is in Invernia, and that the reason for being far from there, is the tragedy of the girl who threw herself off the bridge. Cris decides to find out about his mother’s past, going to Invernia, and counts on the help of Alberto. Lives intertwined by damage that time has not healed. Wounds that didn’t heal.
2. What genre(s) would you say this story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
The Fearless Vampire Killers (Polanski)
5. Do you remember the time in your life when you realized that you wanted to write?
Today will always be this day, i will always be learning.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
7. What is your favorite meal?
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
Brothers Coen, Tarantino, Kathy Bates, Peter Cushing, Joey Ramone, Ian Curtis.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
10. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Everything is useful, even the nutritional information of a cheap chocolate. Do not despise anything.
Watch the Short Story Reading:
Elaine is missing. Ramon, your mother’s friend seeks you out. He sees Elaine naked, in a trance, bloody, walking on an old bridge. She suddenly throws herself into the river in a current. Ramon sees Jober, a schizophrenic boy coming out of the forest, beside the river. Jober is scared.
Performed by Val Cole