1. What is your short story about?
It’s the beginning/the prologue to a semi-autobiographical ‘book’ of shorts.
2. What genre(s) would you say this story is in?
Non-fiction Fun Fiction (can I create a new genre?)
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Triple header– Can’t Buy Me Love, Transformers, and Scent of a Woman–I’ve lost count each,
5. Do you remember the time in your life when you realized that you wanted to write?
–Grade 2 or 3. I wanted a dog so bad and we (the kids) weren’t allowed to have one, so I wrote a short picture book. Which is funny, because I also remember being scared of them at one point too.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
John Irving’s A Prayer for Owen Meany.
7. What is your favorite meal?
Grilled Whole White Fish–head and all. Preferably Grouper…with soft crusty bread for dipping into olive oil, a little dark vinegar, salt & pepper, and a side of lemon with green salad, and red wine..yumm!!!
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Everything I believe in.
10. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Harnessing creativity is the biggest hurdle (for me). Too many ideas stimie you into a corner. Eventually you’ll end up feeling stifled and unsatisfied, because you’re suffocating your gift with no results. So just start writing–anything. A journal is probably the best way to start.
11. What has been your experiences submitting your work with the FilmFreeway submission platform?
So far, so good!
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Cutting through the noise to pursue something more, a girl sets out to find peace and ends up finding her muse. The dream continues.
Performed by Allan Michael Brunet