1. What is your screenplay about?
Inspired by a true incident… a box arriving that I did not order… RETURN TO SENDER starts off as a mystery, providing clues, that eventually leads to a supernatural revenge story. Themes of karma are woven throughout.
Basically, a husband returns, after leaving his wife for another woman, and the couple begins receiving strange and grotesque packages with no return address. They narrow it down and think it’s the woman, but unbeknownst to both of them she is in a coma.
Logline: When a young couple starts receiving mysterious boxes from an unknown sender, their lives spiral into a nightmare as they struggle to discover who or what is behind the packages.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Horror, Thriller, Supernatural
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s a unique and riveting concept with a Twilight Zone type ending. It also can be done for a low budget, as it’s contained with limited cast.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
So many… the classics for sure. Old fashioned screwball rom coms. Hitchcock. Supernatural horror and thrillers. The Conjuring and Rosemary’s Baby (the original) are two of my favorites.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
This was written during Covid isolation at a time when ordering items was prevalent and receiving packages was the norm. From initial concept to final script approximately 2 months.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have written several feature length scripts with my writing partner, George Klembith, as well as a few on my own. We also wrote numerous shorts, and TV pilots.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Love Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
None… this one flowed fairly quickly.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Directing and filmmaking. I have directed and produced numerous comedy shorts and most recently two psychological horror short films that have garnered 38 awards combined to date so far.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Excellent… Love FilmFreeway. They’re great at keeping track of all my submissions and updating me with the results. It’s easy to submit with the press of a button.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I found Horror Underground through FilmFreeway and then learned all about WildSound. The reader really “got” the script. I thought the feedback was insightful, and I was able to do some minor revisions with the few suggestions made.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
When a young couple starts receiving mysterious boxes from an unknown sender, their lives spiral into a nightmare as they struggle to discover who or what is behind the packages.
Narrator: Allison Kampf
Lexy: Hannah Ehman
Wyatt: Shawn Devlin