“The Man Of The Terms Of Service” was the winner of BEST COMEDY Film at the March 2021 COMEDY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I wanted to make the laughter by visualizing based on what I was thinking strange for a long time.
Also motivated with the actors who lost their jobs because of the COVID-19.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
I started to note some parts of ideas about a year ago. It took me about 2 months to to write and organize the whole script.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Because of the COVID-19, we needed to shoot and act under eliminated environment.
We shoot this film in July 2020, taking care as much as possible not to spired the viruses.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was so glad to see the feedbacks. I was so moved that this kind of sense would be attractive not only to Japanese but also to global people.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you first realize that you wanted to make films?
I started to make films from 2017, yet I’ve been writing a script since I was in university. At that time I was writing for a stage play.
After graduated, I started to work at television company and started to make some variety TV programs. Since I quite the company, I decided to make films ,not stage plays, as a freelance.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
The plat form was so convenient to use. I hope it will also be common here in Japan too.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Udon (Japanese noodle)
10. What is next for you? A new film?
It’s not a comedy, yet below is my latest film. Please take a look.