Lat.Copiare played to rave reviews at the April 2021 DANCE & MUSIC Festival.
What motivated you to make this film?
It was my diploma in printmaking in 2006. I asked myself why to draw an image, when I can make a copy of it. So I started using copy machines for prints and finally animated them.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
I don´t remember, really. I started using copys in 2004, and that was the first time I attended workshops at Akademy of fine Arts Crakow for animation. The work grew and grew. Drawing of the sequences took me about 2-3 months , the cutting about 1-2 months, but developing the idea for sure 2 years.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
To add a third dimension within the surface of the machine.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was quite nervous before watching and then impressed how professional and detailed the feedbacks have been.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you know that you wanted to make movies?
When I drew my first sequence – a jumping ball.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
There are many, mostly sience fiction, but when I´m in blue mood I love roadmovies
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It´s a great opportunity for both, filmmakers and festivals. Detailed, easy and trustworthy.
9. What is your favorite meal?
I like scrumbled eggs and my fav in restaurants is lamb.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I´m collecting sequences at the moment – I´m not sure but I think I´m working on two films.