THIS IS THE WAY played to rave reviews at the April 2021 COMEDY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I was very fortunate to work on season 1 and 2 of The Mandalorian stunt doubling a couple of actresses. I naturally became a fan of the show and wanted to do a fan film for mandalorian fans and baby yoda fans. I got the idea when I tried to order a baby yoda doll but it was back ordered and had to wait several months to get. And then the idea was born !
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
The pandemic of course caused a delay in production. We shot the comic book store location in a day and 2 months later we shot the fight also in a day. So all in all it was a two day shoot. Prep was a couple weeks
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Intergalactic and fun
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
We had to wait a couple months for the weather to cool down in order to shoot the fight scene.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Happiness! We wanted to make a fun fan film for Star Wars fans- we love how it was a relatable to many people.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you first realize that you wanted to make films?
Being in the film industry ourselves. We usually help materialize other peoples ideas and concepts together. We wanted to have our own creative outlet and create our own content !
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
How to lose a guy in 10 days
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It was super easy to use and very accessible ! I highly recommend all film makers to use this platform
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes! Maybe a different genre