1. What is your screenplay about?
It’s a period detective story with noir elements, red herrings and a twist. The most succinct way to describe the script is The Third Man meets the Phantom of the Opera in Chinatown.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Film noir/hardboiled detective.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Good scripts make good movies. Evil Faces pays homage to detective/noir films from the 40’s and 50’s, and if properly executed, it could rekindle the genre’s popularity.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
C.J. Doukakis – The Magnificent Seven (1960); T.J. Doukakis – The Third Man.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Approximately 6 months.
7. How many stories have you written?
C.J. Doukakis – 5; T.J. Doukakis
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
C.J. Doukakis – Caroline, No (Beach Boys); Dream, The Pied Pipers.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
We both held full time jobs, so the script had to be written during our free time. It’s a common problem for spec screenwriting and while not ideal, you make do.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Family and sports (both our answers).
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway is free, easy, secure and reliable. It’s a plus that the site allows you to track your submission. Knowing that FilmFreeway is affiliated with a contest, such as the Crime/Mystery Festival, assures the contestant that the competition is top shelf..
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
In that the contest was genre specific, it assured that the script would be judged on an apple to apple basis. With respect to feedback, we felt it was on the money and will be taken into consideration.
Hollywood 1946. When a private detective is tasked with solving the possible murder of an old friend, he’s plunged into a much larger and more sinister plot.
Narrator: Allan Michael Brunet
George: Geoff Mays
Vera: Kyana Teresa