ELIJAH’S DANCE played to rave reviews at the NEW YORK ANIMATION Film Festival in March 2021.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
In the Summer of 2019 my Father was diagnosed with terminal brain Cancer and it became evident that the real challenge facing us was not Death, but Fear.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for youto make this short?
6 months during a class for College!
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Fear and Labyrinth
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Meeting a deadline. This was especially hard with it being a Class project. My budget was not money, but time.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was floored. I had no idea the Feedback would be received prior to the actual screening, but was elated and humbled to receive such detailed feedback.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I realized that everyone else’s lives didn’t revolve around them too.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The original Star Wars, easily.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
FilmFreeway IS the platform for Indie Filmmakers. If not for its feature- then for its ease of use.
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I’ve developed a fuller version of this very film, this time circulating around the circumstances that lead Elijah to climb his Mountain in the first place. We see that prior to facing Death, he was face to face with WAR. But like Death, War manifests itself in destructive ways. As Elijah himself. Where Elijah once stood toe-to-toe with the Grim Reaper, he now looks into the eyes of his own image.