RAINBOW FLAG FLYING HIGH was the winner of BEST DOCUMENTARY Short at the March 2021 LGBTQ+ Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I read a lot of pieces of news coverage from Mr. Chi that touched me so much. As a film director, I would like to make a film record for him and as a achievement for myself.
I filmed the short clipping for 3 years but it seemed burn out my 10-year experiences and energy.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I never know what the next action Mr. Chi will take and do so that I have to always standby to catch him no matter day and night.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I feel touchy to see those lovely feedback from the high qualified audience from the high quality and long history film festival. From their feedback and encouragement, I know I have a lot of work to do for our global LGBT community.
It is the first time for the film to screen in the west world. I enjoy those great feedback for my work. It is great to let those people form the other side of the world to know the story of gaining the right of same-sex marriage in Taiwan though my work. For the right of gay marriage and the fortunate of the film in Taiwan and China are totally different. The film is prohibited in China unfortunately.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I read the first article related to Mr. Chi, I found he is a figure who is making history.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Great and easy to use
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Extend the short clipping into a great film to maximize the power and energy of Mr. Chi