SWOOSH was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the February 2021 Dance & Music Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My initial motivation to shoot a dance film, was to show the beautiful and smooth movements and flow of the Arri Trinity Rig which is the latest form of Steadicam, on film and digital. I wanted to be able to show how closely you can capture the story, movement and expression on the dancers faces.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
We started planning the film in Winter 2021 just as Covid hit, which slowed us down, however we managed to continue working with the team online until we could come together again in August 2020. The actual shoot took place in one day.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The biggest obstacle was the pandemic, as it took forced us to delay many times and having to switch to meeting and planning remotely.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was a feel good moment to hear different views from different people around the world and happy to have worked with a such great team.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. What are your passions in life?
My passion is using film to portray my vision of art.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Bladerunner ,Star Wars, Pulp Fiction, Once upon a time in Hollywood and The Hateful Eight.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I think Film Freeway’s platform is an excellent opportunity for film makers to get their films viewed by audiences from all around the world, they would not have otherwise reached.
9. What is your favorite meal?
My favourite food is a good Sunday roast.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Yew, I am working on two new short films for this year.