What is your screenplay about?
It’s about a young man taking a road trip across an empty United States of America, three years after the apocalypse to find out if he truly is alone.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Drama or Coming of Age
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This screenplay should be made into a movie because even though the sentiments are relatable, the story itself is entirely unique to anything in it’s genre. It’s a perfect blend of storytelling and emotion.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Sweet and honest
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
Hundreds of short stories but only one feature length script!
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Something Stupid by Frank and Nancy Sinatra
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
My own self doubt
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Movies and being the best friend/family member I can be
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Incredible! They’ve made it so easy to enter contests I wouldn’t have known about otherwise
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I entered the festival to get honest feedback from industry insiders. I’ve been incredibly happy with the experience thus far!
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
2 years after the apocalypse, the only boy left behind takes a cross country road trip through an empty United States of America to see if he truly is alone, but his inability to let go off the past proves the trip to be harder than expected.
Narrator: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Nick: Allan Michael Brunet