1. What is your screenplay about?
My screenplay is about Dary, one of the hicks in Letterkenny, trying to woo a lady with his non existant artistic abilities.
2. How does this script fit into the themes of the series?
The screen fits into the themes of everyday life in “Gods Country” of Canada, being that this story has no large implications on any of the characters life, and this could be any day in particular for them.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into an episode of the series?
I think this spec should be made into an episode of the series because (I personally think) it’s pretty funny and I think it captures the essence of each character rather well.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
The two words I’d use to describe this script are “Alotta Fun”.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The movie I’ve seen the most in my life is probably Monty Python’s Search for the Holy Grail, probably my favorite comedy.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I hate to say this, but it was a rather short process to write this in its entirety: 1 week to outline, 5 days to write the script. However, All 12 of those days were an absolute blast.
7. How many stories have you written?
In my lifetime, I don’t know how many stories Ive written, but script-wise, I’ve done about 25 Sketches, 2 specs, A short play, and I am currently developing 2 pilots.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
My favorite song is “Ocean Man” by Ween. No question. The tune is a bop, foe sure.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The obstacle I faced making this: Time. It definitely moves fast while you’re having fun.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m also passionate about film making, stand up comedy (been doin’ that since I was 15), and wood carving.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway is actually pretty solid. The only downside to it is how easy it is to submit, which sounds like a good thing (and it is) but I also find my self submitting to more festivals than I can afford sometimes…
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
What influenced me was: I needed feedback on my professional writing, and this festival had great reviews. plus, it is located in Toronto, and Letterkenny takes place in Ontario so I assumed everyone would know what it is. Initially, I was nervous to read the feedback email, but once I opened it up, I was astonished and extremely pleased with how well my writing was received. It truly made me feel like I have a future doing this. And all of the feedback that was critical, was helpful! I couldn’t have asked for better feedback!
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
The hicks help Dary write a poem to woo a “cultured lass”; The hockey players run a bake sale for new jerseys.
Narrator: Julie Sheppard
Wayne: Allan Michael Brunet
Daryl: Steve Rizzo
Squirrley: Bill Poulin
Katy: Kyana Teresa