THE DEVIL GOES DOWN was the winner of BEST SHORT FILM at the February 2021 DIVERSITY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I love to create and have been on the NY film and TV industry for a long time. I just thought wouldn’t it be cool if the Devil was challenging the different generations since the original , “Johnny.” I came up with basketball.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
I was working on Boardwalk Empire at the time. Since the pilot and through all five seasons. After Michael K read it and agreed, I did two months of prep. We shot two days, sun up to sundown and got it done.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Daylight and planning.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was glowing and very detailed. I really think they saw what I was trying to achieve and relay.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. Do you remember that moment when you first realized that you wanted to make films?
After my father bought a VCR the size of a microwave. I was in charge of taping films on TV and cutting out the commercials.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
They make it simple, and great.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Many, mostly ones that inspire give me ideas.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Another film this year. And to try and get my feature script funded. The TDGD is Proof of Concept for ON A FIELD OF LEGENDS. Link to Pitch deck: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7igdqyhkjd04isd/OAFOL%20Pitch%20deck.pdf?dl=0