1. What is your screenplay about?
Our screenplay Is about the ridiculous nature of 2020. The shifting course of this year could not wait for the history books so we decided it would be best to tackle everything in a satirical format, as well show how people have adapted to this new way of life.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Our screenplay falls under sci-fi, satire, and romance.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This screenplay should be made into a movie because it allows the everyman a chance to smile and laugh again. At the heart of our screenplay, we’re looking to connect individuals again to form a community. We’re all missed out on that feeling in 2020 and it’s bound to return.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Truman Show – Isaiah
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (the first one) – John
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
It took two months to develop this screenplay.
7. How many stories have you written?
Isaiah – I’ve written and published one story prior.
John- I’ve written two stories and collaborated with two others.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Do You Ever by James Blake – Isaiah
Rum is for Drinking, Not Burning by Senses Fail – John
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The main obstacle was avoiding burn out from experiencing how gloomy the situation has gotten in 2020 across the world, and not being too on the nose with the events that had happened this year.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m passionate about coding and creating instrumental music. – Isaiah
I’m passionate about anime and European soccer, mainly Italian. – John
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
The experience has been an easy process and extremely seamless. -Isaiah
Always a good experience; very simple. I’ve been submitting via Filmfreeway for a couple years now. – John
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Our influence has been reaching an audience that would care for this material and cherish our writing. The Sci-fi community is one that we value and it’s creative output.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Narrator: Julie Sheppard
Alien: Matthew Camp
Paul: Geoff Mays
Bob: Sean Ballantyne
Orange Man: Allan Michael Brunet