THE LAST PIZZA was the winner of BEST ACTION FILM at the December 2020 Crime/Mystery Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My own creativity. It’s an idea I actually had over 10 years ago, but was too complicated for me to produce as a student. But 10 yrs of experience shooting commercials and two features as a DoP gave me the strength and confidence to just create whatever crosses my mind.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
I’ve had the idea in the back of my mind for about 9 years but it took about 6month to put on paper and produce.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Putting together a team of 40+ people for a personal project with half doing it for free.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was excited and happy that the audience got most of the message I tried to pass over as a director.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
It came in the middle of a movie ideas discussion with a few classmates while taking a walk around our campus. That was 10 years ago.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The transporter (I)
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are your feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
The platform is great. It was a bit overwhelming at first for someone who’s just getting into film festivals, due to the massive amount of available Festivals. But overall, I found it well organized and easy to navigate.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
X&Y by Kery James
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Currently working on a new Mystery & Action long short film. Can’t say more 🙂