1. What is your screenplay about?
Overcoming writers block the hard way.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Comedy, high concept comedy
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s unique and highly entertaining.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I wrote it in 8 weeks
7. How many stories have you written?
This is my first finished screenplay. I have a novel in progress and am starting another screenplay.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Start me up by Rolling Stones
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Harsh inner critic, Covid lockdown
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
cooking, travel, reading
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Truly wonderful, so easy, organized, motivating
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I wrote a comedy feature so looked specifically for good festivals to enter for comedy. The feedback I received was thorough and spot on. The best I’ve received so far!
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A depressed author goes on a writer’s retreat to secretly craft his suicide note, only to fight for his life in a wilderness boot camp run by a madman. Partnered with his beautiful rival, he must struggle for survival while trying to overcome his writer’s block and find his voice before a murderous mentor hunts him down and silences him forever.
Narrator: Julie Sheppard
Female Student: Allison Kampf
King James: Geoff Mays
Michael: Bill Poulin
Harvey; Steve Rizzo