1. What is your screenplay about?
The everyday life of Pastry Chef Rachael Berman as she takes on the responsibility of building a start-up pastry business, as well as being the breadwinner at home.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The stories are true and exemplify the struggles of a strong female, which resonates with a larger audience. It’s about a woman running a business while also managing her family and home life. Which, even today, is controversial, because the assumption is that it’s not possible.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Funny & Real Life Struggles
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Three Amigos
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
“Stand By Me” by the Temptations
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Time, as we tried to deal with a pandemic and the challenges of working day gigs from home.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Gardening, sports, building, cooking
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What’s been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Excellent, easy to use, understand and follow our submissions. We’ve tried other platforms but always come back to FilmFreeway.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Reason we entered this festival is because we’ve heard so much about the professional level of feedback they give. And they did not disappoint.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Follows the real-life experience of a struggling Silicon Valley Pastry Chef and Stand Up Comedian, Rachael Berman, as she uses her natural sharp wit and comedic banter to motivate her kitchen staff, raise her children in a high-tech society, maintain her marriage and juggle a host of lovable off beat characters, extended family and friends.
Brad: Steve Rizzo
Rachael: Elizabeth Rose Morriss