THE SOURCE was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the November 2020 STUDENT Feedback Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The intention is to tell a Human Story, not Manichean, full of twists and turns in the dramaturgy, in which the main character evolves in a fairly short duration. While being faithful to the principle of treating with Coherence, Facts and Likelihood the subject of Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
Research, writing, filming, post-production, conclusion. 6 months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words?
Simple and Complex.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The Music. Major Element Emotionally expressing Tommy’s Transformation.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I am very Grateful, Honored, Touched, full of Confidence and Motivation in the Future for more Ambitious Projects to come. I am more and more Confident in the Future. Glad to receive you constructive Feedback from you with Benevolence and Professionalism.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
When I practiced Hypnosis with my mother and discovered these caring and transformative abilities. How the acceleration of the Transformation process can prove to be accomplished and observable in a very short period of time.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Too many Films. I can make an incomplete List.🎬🎥🎞
-The Shawshank Redemption (1994) from Frank Darabont. Symbol of Hope.
-The Green Mile (1999) from Frank Darabont.
-Forrest Gump (1994) from Robert Zemeckis.
-Fly Over a Cuckoo’s Nest (1975) from Milos Forman. Wonderful.
-The Silence of the Lambs (1991) from Jonathan Demme.
-Princess Mononoke (1997) from Hayao Miyazaki.
-Spider-Man (2002) / Spider-Man 2 (2004) from Sam Raimi. Movies Who Awakes the Superhero Inside Souls.
-Taxi Driver (1976) from Martin Scorsese.
Like I say. An incomplete list…😅
8. You submitted to the Festival via FilmFreeway, what are your feelings about the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
The Best way to start the submission with Benevolence, Conviction, Humility and Wisdom.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
There are too many songs that I have listened to and inspired my Life. Specially Movie Score Composer Soundtracks. And the List will be Incomplete again.🙂
O-Zone – Dragostea Din Tei
Bastille – Icarus
Linkin Park Songs – What I’ve Done / Numb / In the End / Breaking my Habits / Powerless
Coldplay – Talk / Hymn for the Weekend feat. Beyoncé
Indina Menzel – “A Hero Comes Home” from the Movie Beowulf (2007)
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Sure. I’m enthusiastic to make an adaptation of William Shakespeare’s Othello in the Modern era. Cinematography Adaptation into Movie Big Screen.