1. What is your screenplay about?
It’s a spec episode of The Simpsons entitled ‘Live And Let D’oh!’, in which James Bond infiltrates Mr Burns’ power plant, to thwart one of Burn’s evil schemes, and ends up as Homer Simpsons’ assistant.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
TV spec (Comedy, Animation)
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a TV episode?
Because I love The Simpsons! And because, although Homer has interacted briefly with James Bond in the past, they never got the chance to share a martini and a donut.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Very, very funny… d’oh!
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Simpsons Movie of course!
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
For about 6 months whilst working on various original scripts and projects.
7. How many stories have you written?
I’ve written about two dozen feature scripts and about half a dozen TV pilots.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Other than The Simpsons theme?! – probably Queen’s ‘It’s A Kind Of Magic’, which featured in one of my favourite movies – Highlander.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I was working on a number of original projects at the same time, so finding the time to work on a spec that I was mostly writing for my own enjoyment was a challenge.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Watching films and TV, writing, travelling and ‘expanding my consciousness’.
11. You entered your screenplay via Coverfly. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I found it a bit complicated in comparison to sites like Film Freeway.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
This was one of the few contests where I could enter a Simpsons spec, and I was really excited by the idea of seeing my episode performed. The feedback was extremely helpful and really helped me improve the script.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Narrator: Allison Kampf
M (F): Julie Sheppard
BOND/Bart (M): Geoff Mays
Homer (M): Allan Michael Brunet
Marge/Lisa (F): Alicia Payne