1. What is your screenplay about?
My screenplay deals with the fictional account of the last moments of Vincent Van Gogh who was a failed artist during his lifetime.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Experimental/ drama/ short narrative/ fantasy etc
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Van Gogh was a pathetic figure in his lifetime. Hunger and insanity drove him to suicide. Post his death there was a great demand for his paintings. Fortune which evaded him blessed the holders of his paintings. He was able to sell only one painting when he was alive. He drew paintings of his landlady and his doctor as he had no money to pay them. The purpose of this screenplay is to give him a graceful exit from life. Van Gogh who was crushed by Life embraces Death gracefully. Inorder to present this view I thought a film is to be made.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Irony of life.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Once upon a time in the west.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
More than twenty five.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Wanna be starting something @Michael Jackson
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
By God’s/ Van Gogh’s grace nothing.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
12. What influenced you to enter the festival?
To earn an award, of course.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
The story is the fictional account of the last five minutes of the acclaimed painter Vincent Van Gogh who was a failure in his lifetime. Death who has come to take him makes an offer which Van Gogh rejects and accepts the hands of death gracefully.
Van Gogh – Steve Rizzo
Death – Sean Ballantyne