1. What is your screenplay about?
Star Wars: Rendezvous is a fan-fiction film set in the Star Wars universe with a cast of new characters as well as some more established ones. The story follows a pair of do-gooders in their attempt to a save a young force-sensitive girl wanted by the Empire. Events take place inbetween the movies “Revenge of the Sith” and “A New Hope”. They also references characters and events from “Solo: A Star Wars Story” and “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” animated series. However, no prior experience with Star Wars is required to fully enjoy the story.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Science Fiction / Star Wars Universe
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Star Wars is a multi-billion dollar franchise with millions of fans around the world, hungry for additional unique and well told stories. Not only that, but Lucasfilm/Disney has been supportive of fan-made films. This original film will please and excite audiences of all ages, but is skewed slightly towards a more mature audience due to its gritty nature, while still staying within the safe and accessible boundaries that Star Wars has established.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
6-Months (3rd Draft)
7. How many stories have you written?
2 Feature Length Screenplays, dozens of short films.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Bedrich Smetana, The Moldau or Johnny Cash, I Hung My Head or Tool, Forty Six & 2
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Research to make sure it fit Star Wars character, event and timeline canon.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Filmmaking, both writing, directing and cinematography.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Very reliable and efficient film festival submission platform.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
My screenplay is in a very narrow category, being fan-fiction. When I came across a festival that fit, it was the perfect match. Feedback has been good.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A pair of do-gooders attempt to save a young girl wanted by the Empire.
Hologram Voice/Darth Maul: Sean Ballantyne
Mandalorian/Ashoka/Voice: Steve Rizzo
Rahn: Allan Michael Brunet
Qu’ra/R’iila/Zandara: Julie Sheppard