1. What is your screenplay about?
It is about the southern gun culture in America and the different degrees of passion people in the culture express.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Drama, psychological thriller, crime, culture, and high-concept.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This script should be made into a TV series because it presents the deep-rooted issues in the southern gun culture that drive the country’s gun laws and the reaction to them.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
Too many to count.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Don’t Worry, Be Happy
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Agents and reps loving the writing but not ready to take on a controversial issue.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Helping the less-fortunate.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
My experiences with the FilmFreeway platform have been excellent!
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I loved the description presented on FilmFreeway, and the entry fees were reasonable. I loved the initial feedback I received. It had several good ideas.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A powerful Bible-belt family protects its gun empire, cultural traditions, and constitutional right to bear arms not only from the liberals next door but also from changing gun laws.
Narrator: Allison Kampf
Colton/Activists/Willie : Steve Rizzo
Activists/Radio Host : Allan Michael Brunet
Catherine : Hannah Ehman