MIRROR FINISH was the winner of BEST THRILLER FILM at the October 2020 Thriller FEEDBACK Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I really wanted to make a thriller / genre film. I have done a lot of comedy recently, and was looking to try something new, and take on a new challenge. On top of that, I have been working with the amazing team over at ActionCAN films, and this was a perfect project for us to collaborate on. It is the first co-production between ActionCAN Films and The Artcraft Zoo.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Twists & Turns
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Time… we only had the location for one day and had a lot of material to cover, including fight scenes. We had an amazing team both in front and behind the camera, so we were able to pull it off!
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was great to get people’s feedback! As a filmmaker you don’t often get an opportunity to get honest feedback on your work from people you don’t know, it was exciting to watch.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I had been working with Yusuf Gad, screenwriter, on another project and we wanted to do an action / thriller short film in one location. He had a first draft of this idea, and we worked on it together to make Mirror Finish.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Tie… Goodfellas and Fargo, but if we’re talking about from when I was a kid, probably Beverly Hills Cop!
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I think it is a great service, it makes submitting to festivals really easy and streamlined.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
“Award Tour” by A Tribe Called Quest
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Currently developing a sci-fi dark comedy series titled Being YOU, and an eight-part drama series with Corteon Moore (from Mirror Finish) titled Butterfly Valley. There is also a feature action thriller in the works with the same production team behind Mirror Finish.
MIRROR FINISH team social media channels:
Writers: @ygadinthesix and @danamrosenberg
Producers: @actioncanfilms @artcraftzoo @flemingtonsteele @the_hanman @juno_boss
Production design: Elizabeth Johnson
Colourist: @jasonzukowski, @redlabto