What is your screenplay about?
HEDY is the story of my grandmother in World War 2, a strong woman who fought to survive with her children after her husband’s disappearance. It is a great and sad love story as well.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It shows the female perspective of war. As most of the survivors of World War 2 have died already, it is very important to preserve these true stories for the next generations.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I prepared the structure for months, and wrote it in 6 weeks. Then I did little alterations for over a year.
7. How many stories have you written?
HEDY was my first screenplay. I wrote a book before and 2 yoga manuals.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
None really. It basically wrote itself. there was never a moment where I was wondering what comes next.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I am an actress and love my profession. I love to dance ballet, practice yoga and pilates. I love my little toy-poodle Elvis.
10. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I liked the title of the film festival and as my story is such a big romance, I felt that it would be in good hands there.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
After her husband’s disappearance in Russia during World War II, Hedy needs to fight for her own survival and the well-being of her children in bombed-out Vienna.
Narrator: Allison Kampf
Paula (F): Julie Sheppard
Hedy (F): Cassandra Guthrie
Bus Boy/Man #2 on Bus (M): Steve Rizzo
Bus Lady/Aunt Anna (F): Miriam Capper
Man #1 on Bus/Newspaper Boy (M): Fabio Abreu