Matthew Toffolo: 1. What is your screenplay about?
Kenneth R. Conner: When Annie’s life crashes, an armed robber drops dead at her feet. She grabs the money and the chance for a new start, taking refuge with an unflappable stranger who she keeps in the dark. Thrown together, they find a spark but not before the other robber and top dog picks up their trail.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Comedy (romantic, crime)
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because it is an edgy, spring loaded romantic comedy with a protagonist who launches the story with a fateful gambit and drives the narrative.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Bourne Identity
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Like a Rolling Stone by Bob Dylan
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The usual, work and kids, along with starting with a premise that was too heavy for a comedy and needed dialing back.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
My twin boys, advocating for the world’s poorest children, suicide prevention, and Buffalo area sports.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
The platform makes it easy to search festivals, upload scripts, and submit them.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
The promise of feedback without paying extra for it, the reviews of the festival were good, and the deadline was right for me. The feedback I received was spot on.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
When her life crashes, a tempest grabs the money from a robbery gone bad and takes refuge with an unflappable stranger while her pursuers close in.
Narrator: Allison Kampf
Gracie : Hannah Ehman
Annie : Kyana Teresa