A DAY WITHOUT YOU played to rave reviews at the September 2020 LGBT Feedback Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I think I found my inspiration through all the gay couples Who still live in the closet because of family I society issues, and they get to live in the shadows and sometimes they don’t get to live happiness at it’s fullest
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
It was a really short amount of time actually. It took me 2 weeks, since thinking of the idea, writing it and having the final cut.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The actor! I had to recast four times. Two of them were really interested in the short, but for external reasons they couldn’t film on the days that were scheduled. One of them got injured before shooting, and the last one, the actor, was cast a day before shooting.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Oh my God! I cried like a baby. I got really emotional how touchy my film is. Knowing that I reached a lot of people out of my country with my story is just simply overwhelming and I feel proud.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
At first I was thinking of a gay tragic love story, but I wanted to do something really beautiful and emotional, not exactly the big drama crying on scene.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I think it’s between Pride and Prejudice, Titanic and Pocahontas.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It is a really easy and nice platform to submit your film to any festivals, you can work through it easily and you have everything in one place instead of submitting to different websites for each film festival.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
I think it’s the song Fix You by Coldplay
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Actually yes. I’m working right now in two different script which I’m planning to film won the pandemic it’s over or at least when we have permission to shoot with all the health precautions. So I might be submitting another film next year.