Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Dalia Gal: AFTER THE END is about a near-future humanity misled to surrender to a technically advanced alien race, the Enkidos, who promise beneficence, but whose real agenda is to enslave it and dominate Earth, to replicate their own dying planet Durenki.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
After The End is a sci-fi feature script.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
After The End has a relevant current message to humanity: Not to lose its humanity at the face of technology! Not to fall to false promises at the cost of its independence.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
2001: A Space Odyssey.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About two years.
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Don’t give up / Peter Gabriel.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
No obstacles except time.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Positive feedback; potential for commercial success.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
After the End is the story of a near future humanity misled to surrender to a technologically advanced alien race, the Enkidos, who promise beneficence, But whose real agenda is to enslave it and dominate Earth, to replace their own dying planet Durenki.
NARRATION – JULIE C. SHEPPARD
Elaine – 23 – SARAH DESOUZA-COELHO
Pilot/Guard/Doctor– 2 – GENE ABELA
Enlil – 12 – SEAN BALLANTYNE
Nurse Ginny – 8 – DIANA FRANZ
Paramedic/Guard – THOMAS FOURMIER