Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Julian Blondell: XIGHTFALL is centered around a Futuristic Intelligence Agency that protects the universe from all species. When suspicious events transpire throughout the agency, Eli, a young black Xightfall Officer, takes matters into his own hands to uncover the true intentions of the Xightfall Program.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Xightfall falls under the genres of comedy, sci-fi, and action.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Xightfall is a wild, roller coaster experience. It’s fast paced, funny, you relate to the characters, and it’s dirty. It’s “Indiana Jones” meets “Boondocks” meets “Guardians of the Galaxy.”
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Star Wars. All of them.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I’ve been working on this screenplay for nearly two years.
7. How many stories have you written?
I’ve written three stories so far. I have plenty of concepts constantly in my mind but only three have made the cut.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Kanye West – “I Wonder.”
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I would say the biggest obstacle would be the narration aspect. It is something that I constantly come back to and try to figure out how I would best want to tell Eli’s story.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I really try to dabble into a little of everything. Sports, television and film, fashion, video games, interior design (thanks to my fiancé).
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway has been absolutely spectacular. I submit my scripts at least once a month on the platform and I recommend it to all of my fellow filmmakers/writers.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I think I randomly searched screenwriting festivals on Google and it was the first thing that popped up. The initial feedback I got was incredible. It felt great to receive critical feedback that pushed me into the right direction. I cannot thank FilmFreeway enough for all the help they’ve been in my writing career.
Watch Screenplay Reading:
XIGHTFALL is a Futuristic Intelligence Agency that protects the universe from all species. When suspicious events transpire throughout the agency, Eli, a young black Xightfall Officer, takes matters into his own hands to uncover the true intentions of the Xightfall Program.
Clarice – Katelyn Varadi
Tito – Geoff Mays
Narration – Salma Dharsee
Eli – Omar Aufi
Tom – Sean Ballantyne
Reblogged this on WILDsound Festival.