Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Troy Harvey Graham: In short – it’s about two naïve parents wanting plastic surgery for their baby daughter to set her up for a future as a supermodel. It’s designed to mock the impossible beauty standards in society and the irrational demands by individuals to create their idea of ‘perfect’.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I hope it would make people smile or laugh… or think. Mind you, thinking isn’t one of my strong points so I don’t see why I should expect anyone else to do it either.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
A couple of months.
7. How many stories have you written?
About a hundred or so.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
New York State of Mind – Billy Joel.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Continuous self-doub and general procrastination.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Family, TV & film, the great outdoors… I’m kidding. I’m a writer. I don’t do ‘outdoors’.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Love it. They make it straightforward and have always been very helpful.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I really wanted to hear the script aloud rather than in my head. The feedback was fantastic. There were suggestions that I’d never considered and it made me approach a few elements of the script in a new way, which I genuinely think helped it become more fun.
Watch the Winning Screenplay
Genre: Comedy, Drama
A woman visits a plastic surgeon with the hope of changing the future for her daughter.