July 2018 Winning Short Story Writer.
Matthew Toffolo: What is your story about?
James Stack: A sophomore in college discovers who his friends truly are, and that the bigotry he’s been taught is wrong.
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
Young Adult, Coming of Age, Mystery, Historical
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
Betrayal & Bigotry
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
The BBC series: Pride & Prejudice. If that doesn’t qualify, it would have to be The Wizard of Oz since it played every year during my childhood.
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
“Let It Be!”
7. What motivated you to write this story?
It is based on a true story in which I was a participant.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Theatre; my dog, Ollie; my husband, Ron – not necessarily in that order, but maybe.
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
I thought it might be fun to hear someone read it.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Write every day – read every evening – or vice versa, whichever suits you so long as you do both every day.
by James Stack
Narrator: Kate Fenton
Interviewer Matthew Toffolo is currently the CEO of the WILDsound FEEDBACK Film & Writing Festival. The festival that showcases 20-50 screenplay and story readings performed by professional actors every single month. And the FEEDBACK Monthly Festival held in downtown Toronto, and Los Angeles at least 3 times a month. Go to http://www.wildsoundfestival.com for more information and to submit your work to the festival.
Reblogged this on .