1. What is your screenplay about?
A relationship in flux, and the strange circumstances in which they find themselves
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Horror, I suppose?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I hope it’s very visual. The mis en scene tells much of the story of the voice we’re hearing.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Parralax View or when Harry Met Sally.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
6 or 7.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
That’s an impossible question. I suppose Strange Weather by Waits or Blue in Green from Miles Davis.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
COVID! And my own ineptitude.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
My work. I’ve been working as an actor for 20 years. My partner, who I’ve been with for most of this last decade. She is the best thing that’s happened to me. My dog, rooster. She loves us a lot.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
They have been great.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I am in a writers group with many folks more accomplished than me. They encouraged me. I think I’ve been a finalist in 7 or eight and won two. The feedback was incredibly useful.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A weekend away. What could be better?
Narration: Steve Rizzo
VO: Julie Sheppard
HE: Shawn Devlin
SHE: Kyana Teresa