1. What motivated you to make this film?
1) I started printing single graphic works in 2020 and noticed the movement in this single incoherent graphic series. I decided to make a film in the printmaking tradition of a caprice. The graphic images are machine poems based on the sounds of the console and translations of colours in binary codes. I formed them and called them „moments“ and „sculptituritys“. Important for me was a physical performative aspect in caprice – working from an physical point of view. I saw a documentary of NASA at that time and the sound had me in a way. So I wanted to surround my shaped papers „moments“ and „sculpiturity“ in space sound.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
The realization of caprice took me about 3 months but I had the idea for at least one and a half years.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The in-betweening of the single caprices. I didn´t wanted to make the film readable like a book. I wanted to make a film that comes close to a live experience.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was nervous before watching. The video gave me different reactions of the audience. I felt the film understood and misunderstood but value all of the comments. They are enriching and a good motivation.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I drew my first sequence – a jumping ball.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Many! I like Science Fiction. In blue mood I like road movies. I started becoming interested in South Korean films about three four five years ago.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Hard to say. I really appreciate the support of your festival. If I had a wish I would love to attend festivals myself talking to audience and filmmakers in person but this is a monetary fact.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Trial and Error. I´m learning – as Filmfreeway.
10. What is your favorite meal?
At the moment Omelette with goat cheese, nuts and honey.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I have an awful lot in my head. I want to make a new film but also an exhibition and am still in a process of sketching and try to find the best way for presentation.