102 DEGREES played at the September 2021 DANCE Film Festival to rave reviews.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I did ballet for 12 years of my life until I realized I wanted to pursue a career in the world of film and photography. Ballet will always have a special place in my heart so when the dance company Tampa City Ballet reached out to me to shoot a dance film I was thrilled and immediately wanted to form part of the project. It felt like I was going back to my roots.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
It was a quick but very exciting process. Tampa City Ballet already had the story idea but from scripting and pre-production it was around a 2 month period. The shooting took a week and finished editing in about 2 months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Vibrant and eccentric
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Shooting in a safe environment and always taking precautions during the pandemic.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
We are very excited, grateful and moved by the amazing feedback!
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I realized at a very young age when I was still at school and started making videos at the age of 15.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
City of God.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are your feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Makes the submission process much easier, quicker and helps me find the right festivals for my films.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Tapas. I love different flavors and not just sticking to one.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I´m still discovering what kind of films I want to create but for now I´m exploring new genres and looking for unique projects that will make me grow as a filmmaker.